With elective surgeries back on in many states, the already highly regulated medical industry will need to determine how to safely open while reducing risk of infection from COVID-19.
We’ve compiled the ultimate checklist that draws upon official federal guidance and suggestions from industry leaders to help you prioritize efforts to reduce infections and create a safe environment for staff and patients.
This comprehensive checklist covers:
Implementing Clear Communication Policies
- Identifying which state or local authorities are in charge of reopening, including timelines and precautions
- Working with suppliers to determine the availability of critical cleaning supplies
- Creating staff procedures to reduce spread of infection, sick day policies and the importance of a cleanliness manager
Developing An Intensive Cleaning Plan
- CDC guidelines and exceptions for cleaning requirements
- Consistently scheduled carpet cleaning
- Creating long-term plans for cleaning and disinfecting
Building Updates To Support Safe Environments
- Where to add sanitation and disinfecting stations
- Checking HVAC filters consistently and setting replacement schedules
- Preparing spaces for telehealth
Long-Term Cleaning Plans
- Updating patient and waiting areas
- Utilizing technology to improve cleaning processes
- Adding certifications that confirm cleanliness for employees
To download your copy of this comprehensive checklist, simply complete the form.